Book of Mormon Studies|
Table of Contents |
Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart |
Scripture Mastery Scriptures |
Golden Plates Progression Chart |
Reading Chart |
One Week of Studies
The Last Book in the Book of Mormon
Recite Moroni 7:45.
Read Moroni 1-6.
- The entire book of Moroni is scripture that Moroni was kept alive to be able to write some of the most important lessons in this book. This book is the dessert for the feast of the Book of Mormon. Enjoy!
- Chapter 2: Moroni tells us that when Jesus visited people on this continent. He gave them power and authority to confer the gift of the Holy Ghost. This means that they had the Melchizedek Priesthood.
- Chapters 4 & 5: Do you have these memorized?
Recite Helaman 5:12.
Read Moroni 7:1-17.
- There are lots of precious gems of truth in this chapter. We will not discuss all of them here, but they are there for you to discover and ponder on your own.
- Verses 1-3: Who is speaking to whom?
- Verse 12: Satan is always trying to tempt you.
- Verses 13-15: Think about different types of media (like movies, music, and magazines) when you read these verses.
- Verses 16 & 17: This is a guide on how to know what is good and what is evil. Write what these verses mean to you.
Recite 3 Nephi 11:29.
Read Moroni 7:18-33.
This is a good verse. How should we search for the truth? How much of the good stuff should we get a grasp on? The world makes fun of many good things. They would want us to ignore some of the good things so that we could be more like them. What so you want?
- Verses 21-33: Read this part carefully. Notice how faith, angels, miracles, and great powers go together. How does this apply to you?
Recite 3 Nephi 27:27.
Read Moroni 7:34-48.
What article of faith does this remind you of?
- Verse 37: It sounds like it's necessary for us to receive miracles and angels. What should we do?
- Verses 39-44: Notice how faith, hope, and charity are related.
- Verse 45: Make a list of what charity is. What do all these things mean? Which of these do you need to work on? Write what this verse means to you.
Recite Moroni 10:4-5.
Read Moroni 8:1-16.
- In these verses, Mormon explains how wrong it is to baptize little children. As you read this, you will see how it makes perfect sense. Think about what you might say to a nonmember friend if you got into a conersation about baptizing babies.
Recite the books in the Book of Mormon.
Read Moroni 8:17-30.
These verses complete Mormon's writings about infant baptism.
- Verses 25 & 26: These are some of the most basic gospel principles. Why would we struggle with these sometimes?
Recite 1 Nephi 3:7.
Read Moroni 9.
- This chapter is Mormon's last letter to Moroni.
- Verses 8-10: This is the most gruesome part of the Book of Mormon. If these verses bother you, that means you have a sense for what it good and right. The Nephites and Lamanites were at this time past feeling. They didn't feel bad about these things. That's why they did such horrible things. Feeling that something is wrong ot right is a good quality, one which you should strive to develop.
Recite Ether 12:27.
Read Moroni 10:1-18.
- This is the last chapter in the Book of Mormon. It is a very sweet and powerful chapter. Take it slowly. Savor it. Enjoy. Learn. This is the cherry on top of the dessert!
- Verses 2-4: If, by now, you don't have a strong testomony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, now is the time to do something about it. Follow Moroni's advice and the Holy Ghost will help you know the truth.
- Verses 4 & 5: Mark and copy these verses. Write what they mean to you.
- Verse 5: Is it only spiritual things that the Holy Ghost will help you with?
- Verses 8-18: This is a discussion of the gifts of the spirit. Which of these gifts do you already posses? Which of these can you develop? Look ahead to verse 30. How many of these gifts can you have? What can you do to develop them?
Recite 1 Nephi 19:23.
Read Moroni 10:19-34.
- This is Moroni's final writings to us. These verses are full of advice to us. These may be the things that Moroni feels are most important.
- Verses 33 & 34: These verses explain how we can become perfect in this life. What do you need to do? Notice how God's grace plays a part. What does it mean to be sanctified?
- This is the end of the Book of Mormon. Don't you wish it could go longer?
Table of Contents
As you use this free study guide, I would appreciate any comments and suggestions you might
have. Please click here to give me feedback.
© 2003 Heather Martinson