Book of Mormon Studies|
Table of Contents |
Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart |
Scripture Mastery Scriptures |
Golden Plates Progression Chart |
Reading Chart |
The End of the Nephites
One Week of Studies
Recite 3 Nephi 27:27.
Read Mormon 6.
Put Cumorah on the map.
- Verses 10-15: About how many people were killed?
- Verses 17-22: Watch "O Ye Fair Ones" on the Book of Mormon Video.
Recite Alma 37:35.
Read Mormon 7
- In this chapter, Mormon is talking directly to the American Indians in our day. This is the last chapter we have that was written by Mormon.
- Verse 8: What is "the record which shall come unto the gentiles from the Jews"?
Recite Alma 41:10.
Read Mormon 8:1-22.
- Everything in the Book of Mormon, from 1 Nephi to Mormon 7, were abridged or written by Mormon. Starting with this chapter, the rest of the Book of Mormon was abridged or written by Moroni.
- Verse 1: Put Moroni in the Book of Mormon Record Keepers chart.
- Verse 3: Put Mormon on the Heroes/Anti-Heroes chart.
- Verse 16: What is the name of the person whom Moroni blesses in this verse?
Recite Moroni 7:45.
Read Mormon 8:23-41.
"These things" are the writings in the Book of Mormon.
- Verses 26-32: This is describing the world at the time that the Book of Mormon is brought to the world. How many of these things are happening now?
- Verses 33-41: Moroni is talking directly to us. Which of these things could you repent of?
Recite Helaman 5:12.
Read Mormon 9:1-20.
Can you se how it might be possible that we judge ourselves in the next life?
- Verse 20: Miracles should be a natural, normal part of life for the true followers of Christ. What can you do to increase miracles in your life?
Recite 3 Nephi 11:29.
Read Mormon 9:21-37.
What great power is available to us!
- Verses 27-29: Moroni gives his closing remarks as he finishes his father's record. Remember that he is talking directly to us. There's a lot of good council here.
- This is the end of what Moroni wrote in his father's book, but Moroni went on to abridge the book of Ether, then he wrote his own book.
Table of Contents
As you use this free study guide, I would appreciate any comments and suggestions you might
have. Please click here to give me feedback.
© 2003 Heather Martinson