Book of Mormon Studies|
Table of Contents |
Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart |
Scripture Mastery Scriptures |
Golden Plates Progression Chart |
Reading Chart |
One Week of Studies
Nephites Are Victorious
Recite Alma 41:10.
Read Alma 59.
What does the Nephites' wickedness have to do with them losing their cities to the Lamanites?
- Verse 13: Perhaps all of us, at times, may have cause to be angry with the government. The next chapter tells what Moroni did about it.
Recite Ether 12:6.
Read Alma 60:1-17.
In this verse and several others in this chapter, Moroni speaks very harsh to Pahoran. Is this justified?
- Verses 12 & 13: This is a good explanation of why the Lord allowes bad things to happen to good people.
Recite Alma 32:21.
Read Alma 60:18-36.
- As chief captain of the armies, is it appropriate for Moroni to make these threats against his own government?
- Verse 36: Wouldn't it be great if leaders of nations all had this attitude?
Recite Alma 34:32-34.
Read Alma 61.
- This is Pahoran's response to Moroni's letter. Notice the tone of the letter. If you had received a harsh letter like the one Pahoran got from Moroni, would your response be this forgiving?
Recite Alma 37:6-7.
Read Alma 62:1-29.
Put Pachus on the Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart.
- Verses 16-17 & 27-29: This is an interesting agreement. These are the enemies of the Nephites. Why wouldn't they just kill all the Lamanite soldiers? Perhaps the commandment, "love thy enemies" applies here. It's easy to understand why the Lamanites would choose freedom rather than death, but how could they have such a change of heart? They were killing the Nephites, now they live peaceably with them.
Recite Alma 37:35.
Read Alma 62:30-52.
Put Ammoron and Teancum on the Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart.
- Verse 48: Lists some of the blessings the Nephites received for repenting and being faithful.
- Verse 51: Put Helaman on the Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart. This ends a period of wars that started back in chapter 45, from 73 BC to 57 BC. Put this on the timeline.
Recite Alma 41:10.
Read Alma 63.
Put Shiblon on the Record Keepers chart.
- Verse 3: Put Moroni on the Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart.
- Verses 5-8: What do you think happened to Hagoth and the people who went on his boats?
- Verse 11: Put Helaman on the recordkeepers chart. Put Shiblon on the Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart.
- Good job! You just finished the longest book in the Book of Mromon! Write a summary of the book of Alma. You can use the chapter headings to help you.
Table of Contents
As you use this free study guide, I would appreciate any comments and suggestions you might
have. Please click here to give me feedback.
© 2003 Heather Martinson