Book of Mormon Studies|
Table of Contents |
Heroes/Anti-Heroes Chart |
Scripture Mastery Scriptures |
Golden Plates Progression Chart |
Reading Chart |
One Week of Studies
Recite Jacob 2:18-19.
Read Alma 21.
Put Jerusalem on the map.
- Verse 3: The Alalekites and Amulonites were wicked Nephites who joined the Lamanites.
- Verse 4: Remember that the order of the Nehors is the false religion made from the teachings of Nehor, the anti-Christ.
- Verses 5-10: See if you can recognize the false doctrine that this Amalekite taught.
- Verse 11: Put Ani-Anti on the map.
- Verse 22: Here is a principle of freedom. They were free to worship as they pleased.
Recite Mosiah 2:17.
Read Alma 22:1-14.
A good missionary is led by the Spirit.
- Verse 2: A good missionary is respectful.
- Verse 3: A good missionary is willing to serve.
- Verse 12: It's great that Aaron actually had scriptures to read. Do you remember how the Nephites got the scriptures?
- Verses 12-14: Aaron taught the plan of salvation.
Recite Mosiah 3:19.
Read Alma 22:15-35.
- This is the middle of the Book of Mormon! Good job! You're half way through! Keep going! Some of the best parts are in the second half!
- Verse 15: The king would give up everything for the gospel. How much are you willing to sacrifice for the Lord?
- Verse 18: The first thing the king gave up was his sins. This is more important than all the treasures in the world. This is the biggest sacrifice we can make, too.
- Verse 29: Put Bountiful on the map.
- Verse 32: Add the small neck of land to the map.
Recite Mosiah 4:30.
Read Alma 23.
Add Shilom, Shemlon, Lemel, and Shimnilom to the map.
- Verse 17: Quite an unusual name I think it recognizes the fact that they are not descendants of Nephi, but that they are descendants of Lehi. They no longer wanted to be known as descendants of Laman.
Recite Moroni 10:4-5.
Read Alma 24:1-19.
Add Amulon to the map. Do you remember who built the land of Helam? In case you have forgotten, go back and skim through Mosiah 23, particularly verse 19 to refresh your memory.
- Verses 18 & 19: These people were extremely faithful and brave to do this.
Recite the books in the Book of Mormon.
Read Alma 24:20-30.
Prostrated means that he knelt or laid on the ground with their faces down.
- Verses 24-27: The Amalekites and Amulonites are descendants of Nephi that turned from the gospel and their heritage and joined the Lamanites. They were already at war with the truth, so none of them humbled themselves and converted. It's interesting how a person who has the truth then willingly goes against it has a harder time coming back to the gospel than a person who never had it.
Recite 1 Nephi 3:7.
Read Alma 25.
Do you remember the land of Ammonihah? We already read about their destruction in Alma 16:9, but this is the story told from the Lamanites' side.
- Verse 17: What was the Lord's word to Ammon, Aaron, Omner and Himni? See Alma 17:11.
Table of Contents
As you use this free study guide, I would appreciate any comments and suggestions you might
have. Please click here to give me feedback.
© 2003 Heather Martinson